Here at First Community Bank, we’re committed to helping our customers keep their financial information safe. In fact, we offer many security features to help do so.
Preventive Security Features for ALL Online Banking Users
- 1. Multifactor Authentication: First Community Bank Online Banking uses multifactor authentication to protect customer accounts from unauthorized access. Due to their increased complexity, authentication systems using a multi-factor configuration are harder to compromise than ones using a single factor. You will need to provide your username and password along with a secure code to access your account. This secure code is a virtual token that identifies the device you're using to access your account. We only deliver secure codes via text, phone or email based on information the customer provides during enrollment.
- 2. Security Alerts: Online Banking users can receive security alerts by phone or email. Some of these alerts are defaulted, but there are also optional alerts that users can set up for added security.
- 3. Transaction Authorization Code: A transaction access code is an optional security feature available to all Online Banking users. Our customers have the option to choose a dollar limit for a specified transaction type that will require a secure access code to verify their identity if the limit is exceeded. The secure code can be delivered via email, text, or phone call then, once received, would be used to authorize the transaction.
Security Features for Business Users with ACH Origination Rights
- 1. Risk Fraud Analytics: A security feature that analyzes each outgoing ACH transaction that our business customers create. The Risk Fraud Analytics feature looks at the user’s transaction history, login history, the recipients who are receiving the payment, and endpoint interrogation which breaks down the user’s computer to try to determine if they are logged on from a different computer than usual. If any of these items fail the analysis, we are notified and manually review the transaction. In most cases we are able to clear the hold after review, but in others we must contact a signer for further verification.
- 2. Transaction Limits: This security feature is required for all of our ACH customers and the limits are agreed upon by both First Community Bank and the specific ACH customer themselves. These limits vary from customer to customer and they include per transaction amount, the number of transactions that they can send each day, and number of transactions they can initiate each month.
- 3. Dual Approval: Dual Approval is an optional security feature that is designed for our business customers. This process consists of the first user drafting the transaction, the second user receiving notification of the transaction that needs approved, and then the 2nd user authorizing the transaction.
To sign up for security features, please contact Digital Banking.